3M Window Security:The best Safety & Security often goes unnoticed
Combine the benefits of solar control with window security with 3M Ultra Combination Films. They are the ultimate in window security, safety and solar control window film technology, combining 28 micro-layers of strong, tear-resistant Ultra Safety Film with the added advantage of 3M Sun Control Films.
3M Ultra Safety Series: Enhanced Window security
- Provides enhanced security
- Resists smash and grab burglaries
- Allows up to 70% of the visible light through your windows
- Holds glass together in the event of a break-in or breakage incident
- Blocks heat and reduces hot spots by rejecting up to 97% of the sun’s infrared rays
- Reduce energy bills by lowering the workload of air conditioning units
- Protection against injuries to persons or damage to items caused by fragments of broken glass
- Abrasion resistant coating to maintain its appearance
- Rejects UV light, reduces fading to fabrics and furnishings
3MTM ScotchshieldTM Ultra S600 and Ultra S800 are designed for use on the interior surface of windows. They are composed of alternating stacks of transparent and weather stable polyester film, scratch resistant surface and a strong acrylic adhesive. The high tensile strength and elongation at break properties, plus market leading tear strength (Graves tear), significantly increase resistance of the glazing system to impact. A superior adhesive also results in market leading fragment retention. Additionally the films also significantly reduce the transmission of UVA and UVB rays, which are the main cause of fading. 3M’s Ultra Series provide an effective protection from injuries to persons or damage to items caused by fragments of broken glass. In the case of glass breakage, the fragments are held together by strong acrylic adhesives. This technology can mitigate bomb blasts as well as provide superior protection against forced entry, civil unrest and other impacts. ScotchshieldTM Ultra S600 and Ultra S800 are certified impact resistant according to EN 12600. Both films are also rated Class A fire resistant, according to ASTM E84.
Features (on 6 mm clear glass) Visible Light Transmission 87-88%
UV rays blocked according to EN410 99.9%
Material Multilayer polyester
Adhesive Pressure sensitive acrylic
Top coating Scratch resistant hard coat
3M Window films are installed using water and a soap solution. Full adhesion is reached after approximately 20 days at 18°C (in dry conditions).
3M Window films may be cleaned 30 days after installation using ordinary window cleaning agents and avoiding the use of abrasive particles. Do not use rough sponges, cloths or brushes. Synthetic sponges, soft wipes or rubber squeegee cleaners are recommended.